Sunday, April 11, 2010

13. The Future of Social Media

What's good y'all? I had a very fun and exciting weekend and I hope you did also. For this week's post I decided to Google: "future social media trends". I quickly found two articles which made predictions about future trends.

The first article I read is by Jim Tobin and he believes that social media is in its infancy period right now, which I agree with. He made one very interesting prediction that caught my eye, he believes that social networks will become open. What he means by that is that there will be a utility tool which will connect all social media sites together and allow you to travel easily among them. This would be a very cool feature but I am not sure how close we are to something like that.

The second article is by David Armano about trends for 2010. He predicts that social media will become more popular and more mobile but less social as well with niche social networking sites gaining popularity and more exclusivity. Another prediction he brought up is something that will effect most of us: the company you work for will soon have a social media policy regarding things you post and what is allowed.

Both articles I would recommend checking out. Also check out this great marketing tool: http://snipr.com/v6ecv. Anyways, the Bosssss is done for this week...time for bed. 1 HUNDO.

4 comments:

  1. I also think that it is really cool to have a utility that displays all social media sites together in a central location. I came across an article this weekend on Yoono, a service that is close to handling the social media aggregation. It brings all the updates, links, tweets, and pokes, etc. and presents them in a single of multiple column view. This means we can have multiple columns, one for Facebook update, another for Twitter direct-messages, another one for MySpace notifications and so on. Even better, we can comment, poke, reply, direct-message, and perform searches on the various social networks all at the same time. How fun is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of us picked David Armano's article. it was really interesting to see the track that social medias are taking on its exclusivity the more popular it gets. really good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its interesting to think of social networks becoming open. That wold be a very neat feature and certainly make life less complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we read the same articles, should I say great minds think alike. But on a serious note, what really caught my attention was the social media policy trend that companies are now taking advantage of. I thought the trend really tied in well with what we're learning from this class.

    ReplyDelete